Memorial Community Center, Centennial Museum closed to the public until further notice
CITY OF PENETANGUISHENE
As a result of the amended second stage framework, the following municipal services, facilities and amenities in Penetanguishene are affected. These measures will be in place as of Wednesday January 5 at 12:01 am.
- The Penetanguishene Memorial Community Center (arena) and the Penetanguishene Centennial Museum and Archives are closed to the public until further notice. Staff will be available by phone or email during regular business hours to respond to any inquiries. A complete staff directory is available here.
- The Penetanguishene Public Library remains open for service, with adjusted hours. Visit https://www.penetanguishene.library.on.ca/client/en_US/pen/ for more details.
- Community rooms and meeting spaces are not available for rent at this time.
- Recreation programs will operate virtually to the extent possible until further notice. Program participants were contacted directly.
- The town hall remains open by appointment only. For specific information on how to make an appointment, please refer to: Appointment Information
âWe appreciate the patience and understanding of our community during this transition,â said Mayor Doug Leroux. âStaff will continue to be available to residents and are happy to help residents navigate services online, over the phone and by appointment in person when virtual methods are not enough.â
Online options for service
Residents continue to be encouraged to use the online options for the service. In cases where the online options are not suitable, staff will work directly with the resident to make an in-person appointment.
Online options for tax payment options are described here.
Building permit: https://ca.cloudpermit.com/login
Leisure program information site: https://top.recdesk.com
A drop box is available at the front of the administrative office for non-urgent payments and correspondence. Items in the drop box and mail will be collected periodically.
The City of Penetanguishene Emergency Management Team will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. Updates are provided on our website at www.penetanguishene.ca.
We encourage you to sign up to receive public notice updates via email. To register, please visit our subscription portal, here. Alternatively, updates are provided on our social media channels on Twitter and Facebook.
For more information on the status of COVID-19 in our area, please contact the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit at 705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520 or visit their website at simcoemuskokahealth.org.